Working with me does much to extend the reach of your under-resourced, understaffed nonprofit. Because I’m experienced in grant writing and in all areas of development, including strategic planning, communications creation, and external relations, I can easily work across several of your core functions. Such economy of effort saves you the time and trouble of outsourcing different critical tasks to different people. And because I work off-site on a per-hour or per-project basis, I don’t incur staff-related expenses for overhead, health care benefits, leave or sick days.
I can help your organization:
- Develop a clear, realistic strategic plan that is aligned with your mission and that encompasses your communications, marketing, and fundraising objectives.
- Identify and pursue prospective individual, foundation, and corporate supporters.
- Write targeted grant proposals, corporate sponsorship requests, and letters of inquiry.
- Manage, monitor and evaluate winning proposals for reporting purposes.
- Create strong print and electronic marketing materials, including web content.
- Obtain local media coverage and link to relevant online sites.
- Won grant awards totaling nearly $1,000,000 from more than a dozen foundations, government sources and corporations over a five-year period for arts education nonprofits.
- Expeditiously established two 501( c )3 nonprofit corporations within the District of Columbia and secured their IRS tax exempt status within five months.
- Received a charter from the District of Columbia Charter School Board as part of a founding team creating an arts-oriented public elementary school.